HeatX + Hawaiian Electric Company
HeatX saved the utility an estimated $1.5 million in replacement energy generation per heat exchanger and extended the heat exchanger service frequency from 3-6 months to 30 months.
- Shell and Tube Exchanger: Horizontal, 4-pass, TEMA type BEM containing 1000 x .75” OD x 20’ long SA179 carbon steel tubes
- Over 5-Years in Operation with HeatX: In December 2016, the corroded exchangers were isolated, cleaned and one was treated on-site with HeatX
- Over 30 Months of Trouble-free Service: HeatX enabled HECO to skip 5 heavy cleaning and maintenance cycles on the unit
Calculate Your Emissions with HeatX
If applied at a global scale, HeatX® can reduce CO2 emissions by as estimated 1.45 billion metric tonnes per year by improving power generation efficiency.
- Reduce your carbon emissions without changing your power generation equipment or operations
- Burn less fuel needs to generate the same amount of energy output, lowering both consumption costs and CO2 emissions
- Cut power generation cycle back pressure by 1/2 with HeatX and improve power generation cycle efficiency
HeatX is nano-structured surface treatment technology that enables heat transfer surfaces to effectively repel fouling and protect against corrosion while maintaining thermal transfer properties.
- Improves heat transfer performance efficiency by repelling fouling and mitigating corrosion
- Greatly extends typical maintenance intervals, reducing operational costs and downtime
- Maximizes exchanger performance, reducing your carbon footprint and maximizing output
HeatX increases the efficiency and performance of power plants, refineries, and other industrial heat transfer industries.
- Leverage Existing Infrastructure: HeatX can be easily applied to existing or new heat transfer surfaces to enhance performance
- 15% Reduction: In plant maintenance costs attributable to heat transfer reduction due to fouling
- 3-10% Reduction: In fuel burned to generate the same amount of energy. Studies have show that heat transfer efficiency losses due to fouling can contribute to a 3-10% increase in fuel consumption
- 90% Reduction: In plant maintenance down-time by reducing the frequency of heat transfer equipment servicing with HeatX®