How HeatX Works
HeatX is nano-structured surface treatment technology that enables heat transfer surfaces to effectively repel fouling and protect against corrosion while maintaining thermal transfer properties.
- Preserves heat exchanger performance efficiency by repelling fouling and mitigating corrosion
- Greatly extends typical maintenance intervals, reducing operational costs and downtime
- Maximizes exchanger performance, reducing your carbon footprint and maximizing output
Increase Heat Exchanger Performance
Fouling severely impacts heat transfer efficiency so mitigation is of paramount importance. Below are the most common effects of fouling and the estimated impact of using HeatX on performance and maintenance.
- 15% Reduction: In plant maintenance costs attributable to heat exchanger & boiler fouling
- 3-10% Reduction: In fuel burned to generate the same amount of energy. Studies have show that heat exchanger efficiency losses due to fouling can contribute to a 3-10% increase in fuel consumption
- 90% Reduction: In plant maintenance down-time by reducing the frequency of heat exchanger servicing with HeatX
HeatX+ for Condensers
HeatX+ is designed for condenser units and enhances dropwise condensation which increases efficiency and reduces fuel consumption which ultimately saves money and reduce carbon emissions.
- Dropwise condensation from HeatX+ enables up to a 20X increase in heat transfer vs. bare substrate filmwise condensation
- In test conditions, heat transfer rates have been demonstrated to be up to 100X improved when condensed steam forms into droplets rather than a film
- HeatX+ has demonstrated that it can reduce cycle backpressure in half, resulting in a 2.5% increase in power generation cycle efficiency
Reduce your carbon footprint
Reduce your carbon emissions without changing your power generation equipment or operations. If applied at a global scale, HeatX can reduce CO2 emissions by as estimated 1.45 billion metric tonnes per year.
- Improvements to heat transfer and condensation efficiency mean that less fuel needs to be burned to generate the same amount of energy output, lowering both consumption costs and CO2 emissions
- Heat exchanger fouling alone can reduce heat transfer efficiency by 2-10% and raise fuel consumption by 3-10%
- With HeatX+, cutting power generation cycle back pressure by 1/2 can result in a 2.5% increase in power generation cycle efficiency